TMI


Peiling1
Swiped from williamnyk.
Recently, my mother's friend gave birth to a baby boy. His poor mother was SO relieved to evict the little tyke as she was practically bloating up like the Michelin Tyre Man during her pregnancy. The kid that caused his mother to endure nearly 8 months of blimp-iness and water retention was really quite something-- he weighed in a nearly 9lbs and 20in (NOT THERE, you pervs!). Before I actually saw the baby in person, I saw the his picture on his dad's phone. My first impression: Turnip Head. Goodness, the size of the kid'ss head! And it was topped off with a pointy hairstyle (a good head of hair on that one), though his father would argue that it was Beckham style. :P. Well, mother and son was staying at Pei Ling Confinement Home somewhere near SS4, PJ.

Just fork out around 6k a month and the post-partum mothers can rest all they want. They'll take care of the baby (bye-bye to late night feeds every 3 hours and nappy changes); You'll get a nice room; They'll give you 3 square meals a day; Misc. herbal soups and other preparations that conform to standard old wives' tales; Massages; Ikat perut. After seeing the baby, my mother and I went up to have a chat with the mother. The place really did her well. She told us that she's actually healthier than before (must be all the rich food and bed rest). As expected, the conversation definitely veered to the delivery experience. ALL THE DETAILS!! I just sat there quitely, gritted my teeth and smiled politely. As I said, the kids head was big and as expected, the mother ended up koyak-rabak, as in the words of Marianne. Something about tearing and incisions all the way to the anus. Yikes! Ouch! Too much information! From what I heard, the mother was obviously happy with her new role and was very fascinated with motherhood. She was so proud and delighted to mention that her son would "shoot his little pistol" everytime she removes his nappy. Perhaps my babysitting days 7 years ago made me think, "Apa heran, all baby boys like that one lar". Wait till the "little fireman spits in your eye". Amateurs! Hah.

Peiling2

Comments

just me said…
didn't know that such a home exists.Not that I will be needing that kind of service.
And female blog readers ou there, dont't let this post frighten you. My son was born at 8 lbs 13 oz, natural delivery and smooth all the way...I was reading magazines during labour..I know , I cheated!
Little Prince said…
dang. so posh. but thank god i'm not a girl. i would never want to have kids anyways. LOL. can we just live there... mmm...
nyonyapenang said…
sei lor, RM6K for confinement care, maybe RM5K for delivery, and another RM2-3K for stemcell harvesting. how lar?
William said…
@JustMe:
Painless? Pro. Like waterslide. *grin*.

@Daniel:
Would you want to shack up with post-partum mums?

@NyonyaP:
Itu dah sikit tu... Kolej, Uni luar negara...

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho