Sky Black Black


Sushi
Originally uploaded by williamnyk.
Karaoke madness again on Saturday at RedBox Sunway Pyramid. A solid 4 hours of melalak and melolong. Can't say I did much of the singing as my grasp of Chinese is quite sendirian berhad. The chorus has some English phrases?! Give me the mic! The highlight of the afternoon was a rousing rendition of yet another Therese Teng hokkien folk classic, Sky Black Black. Nearly brought the house down, and made some friends 'vomit batteries'. By the time we were done, it was raining cats and dogs. Well, I guess the Malay idiom Katak memanggil hujan has some truth to it.

In the evening, we were entertained by SK and HP's place again. But this time, most of the cooking was done by FK. Nippon ryori no less. She prepared several types of sushi (sake, tamago, unagi), maki, miso soup, salmon teriyaki and tempura (prawn, aubergines, ubi). Too much sushi rice. Couldn't move after dinner. Post-dinner was tea, mooncakes and watermelon. Ahhh, weekend glutonny.....

Wasabi in Soy Sauce

Comments

thompsonboy said…
Normally I ban chinko songs from my karaoke list - yes I am a prima donna. But they all love me anyway.
MrBunnyBan said…
Move over Paparoti and Domino, Super Boing Boing is here! Bweeheehee.

Sushi does funny things to moi. Makes me bounce a little higher. Weeeee!!
Vengelyne said…
I get so bored when my friends start singing Chinese songs and I pray for a good conversationist by my side to chat while they're sharpening their vocals to the songs I don't understand.

The sushi looks good.
William said…
@Daniel:
Redbox doesn't have Madonna's "Vogue".

@SBB:
Paparoti's Mexico Bun and Domino's Double Cheese Pizza.

@Venge:
One can't really talk when friends sedang melalak. Haha. The sushi does look quite good. I was surprised.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho