No Me Ames


no me ames
Originally uploaded by weerat.
Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony's No Me Ames has struck a chord with me recently. Prompting me to be interested in all things Spanish. Spanish Fly, Spanish Inquisition, ... Anyway, my colleague LC and I have gone to the extent of memorizing some of the lyrics, much to the chagrin of
my other colleagues:

Me: Dime porque lloras (Why are you crying?)

LC: De felicidad (Because I'm happy)

Me: y porque te ahogas (Why are you so choked up?)

LC: por la soledad (From loneliness)

You get the idea. The cute thing is that LC does it in a nasal Parit Buntar Hokkien twang. Hehe. From the music video I saw (you have my permission to roll your eyes), it seems that Marc Anthony's dying and doesn't want J. Lo to love him anymore, hence No Me Ames (Don't love me).

Check it out, people.

PS: If it ain't Spanish, feel free to flame me. I was too lazy to check. Foreign languages aren't really my forte. Wanted to take tagalog as an elective during uni days, but that plan fell through. :(.
PPS: Took a cue from Daniel, he and his prolific music posts.

Comments

thompsonboy said…
OMG I love that drama video....so nice to have a bf but even nicer to have a dead one because now that he is dead, he can't dump you forlike ever and ever...
William said…
That's a very defeatist attitude... Emm?
Unknown said…
hehehe... thompsonboy has a point!
anyways, spanish is such a fun language...
so dramatic...
too bad my spanish suckz....
adios...
Jaded Jeremy said…
Remember we tried singing that with the lyrics? So difficult leh.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho