Alma Mater


fsktmupm
Originally uploaded by williamnyk.
Here's a pic of University Putra Malaysia's Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology. FSKTM in short. Specially posted for Vengelyne. For me, I had just recently visited University Malaya. It wasn't planned, I was en route from PJ to MidValley Megamall. A shortcut. Hehe. Didn't turn up to FSKTM, but I saw that the Economy Faculty has a spanking new building now! Bukan main futuristik lagi rekaannya. Not much changes overall really. Just that the speed bumps have gotten ridiculously higher (it's like they're trying to slow down monster trucks) and Dewan Tunku Canselor has stained-glass windows now. They also erected a 100-year anniversary thingy. Just another place to snap photos during convocation I guess. Kinda miss my undergraduate days, but that's history now... Even most of my friends from university days have disappeared. Both sides need to make an effort, but kalau dahlah mengada-ngada tu, forget it....

Comments

thompsonboy said…
I thought friends u made in Uni are the one that last a lifetime, no? Well..its the case with me. So far.
Vengelyne said…
Are you sure that's my old faculty? Lol. I don't recognise the staircase at the bottom of the picture... must've been taken from the back of the building instead...

I sure don't miss uni life. Must've been due to my anti-social attitude. At the moment, I'm only keeping in touch with 3 out of hundreds of coursemates. Ain't I friendly?

It's actually the language barrier, I tell you. I wish I could speak Mandarin then I'd have more friends in uni... Eep.
Anonymous said…
well well.. speak of the devil. I went back to HEP to settle my loan, found out that they banked the money into my old MBB account... which i never really noticed.. anyways, went to PTNTN and settled the whole thing.. phew!.. dotn want to ever ever have anything to do with them.. btw, I think for now, you're the only on I keep in contact with.. yang lain sudah hilang entah ke mana.. or perhaps should jsut embrace the truth, out of sight, out of mind..
Anonymous said…
mengada-ngada how..?

-nina-
William said…
@Daniel:
Apparently this is not the case for me. Out of 700 coursemates, I had a clique of 10. Out of 10, only 3 made it to the finals.

@Venge:
It IS your faculty. Giant sign emblazoned on it. Your statistics are uncannily like mine. Don't blame it on the language...

@Mel:
Great to hear that they provided you with such impeccable service. Settled in one visit.

@Nina:
Aren't you a sight for sore eyes. Mengada-ngada? Biasalah, sibuk, tak balas telepon...

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho