Toxin-Free, Light Body


kclin
Originally uploaded by williamnyk.
After loads of inane posts, I'm back to food posts. Back to my roots. Recently had lunch with a bunch of colleagues at Rehoboth Natural Health Land, Kuchai Lama. One among the myriad of organic shops in the Klang Valley. This particular shop is the brainchild of Dr K.C. Lin (a PhD holder, I presume). The premises are full of his books and a whole shelf of paranoid books from CAP-- the ones where you need to throw out everything from your:

Medicine cabinet - Watch that paracetamol intake
Beauty stash - Beware of the suspected dangers of PG and PEG
Pantry - Don't pop that rainbow coloured cereal into your mouth just yet
Wardrobe - Guys, throw out that microfibre underwear if you don't want static electricity frying your swimmers

Still, I don't know the guy. The story goes that his mother was stricken with cancer, and after eating healthy (the K.C. Lin way), his mother is now a cancer survivor and he would like to share this secret to health with the public. A cozy place, airy, with just a minimum of space allocated for retail.

We all had the lunch set (I don't think they serve anything else). The set changes on a daily basis, but it's pretty much the same concept. It may look different, but the taste pattern is the same. RM8.00 will get you a bowl of soup (ranging from chinese herbs to corn), brown rice (with black-eyed peas and misc. grains), fruits, salad, sweet potato (mashed or in its original form) and a side of vegetables du jour. The food is exceptionally oil-free and the taste is natural. Seasoning is minimal and everything goes well together. For those used to meat, high salt content and pungent tastes, this is definitely not for you. Another catch-- you must eat the meal a certain way. Fruits first, then the soup, next the salad, and finally all the cooked items.

I kinda like the it, but I think I can only have it once a week. Anything more frequent than that would be a little boring. An interesting thing to note is that they have a loyalty card ala Coffee Bean. Get 10 stamps and you get a set free!

Ready to trade in your frappucinos?

Comments

savante said…
You're now touched. Was it good for ya?

What's with the freaking health food!

Paul
Vengelyne said…
Ok, that place is totally not for me. I'm a total and pure meat eater. I abhor vegetables cos they taste yucky. I'd rather die than to be put on a vegetarian diet. Yes, I'm that serious about my meat!
William said…
@Paul:
You are a fan of "Touched by an Angel", aren't you? :D

@Venge:
My, my. What a carnivore. Vege's good for you! Mengelakkan sembelit dan membantu awet muda. Haha. To live up to the title of "Man-Eater"? :D

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho