In a Daze

I'm back. Went AWOL for days due to lack of "connectivity". My laptop's still not back. I'm tempted to post pictures on the back of milk cartons.

WARNING: This post contains geeky content in excess of the FDA's safety limit. Even the pic is hazardous to one's health.

The last weekend really had me spinning. On Friday night, I met up with CPK and his financial controller on Friday night to discuss a freelance job. It's basically an enhancement job, but I'm tempted to redo the thing since it has not been in production yet. The prototype they showed me was developed in with Microsoft Access 2000 with VBA. Crude. But it basically covered all the requirements of reporting and data entry. However, it was littered with misc. bugs that I have no idea how to fix. The advantage of working on the prototype is that 90% of the work is done, but I don't know how the "smartforms" will hold up when the mdb file is accessed concurrently. I haven't actually agreed to do it, but the thought of feasibility had my mind spinning the whole night. I was tinkering around until 1am, but I could only sleep until 2am. And even then, I woke up again at 5am. I was a zombie come Saturday morning. As if I don't enough worries, the design phase of the project at work is still as slow as ever and time is running out. I wonder if I'm subconsciously trying to kill myself.

Oh yeah, I have to mention this: Secret Recipe's Iced Mocha Latte tastes flat!!! No kick!

On a happier note, I had Coffee Bean session with Mel at Bangsar on Saturdat afternoon. The weather was hot and the traffic was lousy. Thank God, Mel volunteered to drive. Yay! Later, we retired to KFC, Jalan Universiti where Mel sent her car for a wash. The place was very nicely renovated with plenty of wood rather than the usual polycarbonate. Unfortunately, the service sucked. By the end of the day, I had a Belgian Choc Ice-Blended, ice water and an ice lemon tea. It did wonders for my lingering cough. Due to the fact that I was running late (and was still in a zombified state), I decided to skip swimming lessons. More on that in my next post.

Before i forget, I have to mention this: Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf's Brownie tastes like styrofoam!!!

Dinner was with SK, CK, SC, FK and Soon. A dingy restaurant by a river in Kajang that the girls like to patronize. The food's good and cheap. Lotsa talk about post-graduate studies. All of them are either graduating this year, or the next. I was too dazed to participate. It's amazing that I could still be decent company. The night ended at SK's place where the whole gang poured wine and whisky. I left at midnight. I was really at my limit. Guess who had a hangover the next day...

PS: If you read this far, congratulations! You don't win anything. This certifies that you can shovel through driest of texts. No more excuses, go pick up that boring office documentation. NOW.
PPS: Thanks Venge for actually counting the days I was missing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hehe... i completely agree with you.. the brownie sucked big-time.. or rather maybe it was the atmosphere on the whole..the heat really took its toll then.. yawn, let me know about sushing-saturday with fattie-boy.. hehe..:) so not being politically correct
Vengelyne said…
Quite a happening weekend you had there.

Oh! Oh! Oh! I finally went to Xenri! 2 persons and we burnt RM200+ in total. The sashimi killed us, but the food was good. Their buffet is only available on Sunday for lunch. I think I'll be there again in early September with parents this time around...

I think the foodstuff in CB isn't all that great. Kinda prefer SB's, but I think they order their pastries and what nots from English Hot Bread. That was what the crates stated when the pastries were brought in while I was pretending to be busy typing away on the laptop one nite in one of the SB outlets...
William said…
@Mel:
My presence should have made everything PERFECT! I'll call the fat b*stard. hehe.

@Venge:
A very tiring one.

Wow! Splurged at Xenri. This coming from someone making peanuts.

You are definitely a Starbucks girl. Asyik puji je. Entah2 ada shareholder Berjaya. Haha. Espionage at SB! Lemme guess, you were trying to hack into their POS system.
Vengelyne said…
Lol. I like Starbucks cos they've Timezone. Free wi-fi. Coffee Bean there's Airzed which I also can get access, too lah... but prefer Starbucks. And I noticed there are more attractive people in Starbucks as compared to CB. =P

Hahha. Hack into their POS system? I'm not a geek like you. =P Besides, the Starbucks I went to isn't the money making one lah... According to my sources, SB doesn't make money. Only a few outlets are profitable. ;) The one I went to definitely wasn't one of the profit-centres.
William said…
Perhaps you go there because a certain barrista is cute. :P

I'm insulted. I'm NOT a geek. I demand that you rephrase to "alleged psychotic geek".

Not making money? They'll survive with some creative accounting.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho