Bad with Faces


hair
Originally uploaded by bunchofpants.
A recent series of events have asserted the fact that I'm quite bad with faces. Most of the time, I get a notion of familiarity from the faces I see, but then I'm not quite sure. If the face really registers in my brain, most of the time I forget the name that goes with it.

Some time back, I met with an colleague that I had worked with a couple of years back in Bangkok. She looked familiar and I had the guts to ask if she went to the same university as me. Guess what? She remembered me, and even my name. Boy, was I red in the face.

Fast forward to a few days back (this sounds a bit like an oxymoron), I met a new colleague. I had a tickle in my brain again, but I ignored it. Once again, my forgetfulness got the better of me. Turns out she was my coursemate and also knows my name... Ehehe. I have also met with another coursemate on the LRT, I also forgot his name. And his face even. :P. This reveals a little about my university days -- didn't really acknowledge the existence of juniors or seniors. Coursemates even. Most have disappeared into oblivion and you wonder why you still have their numbers.

This condition has gotten me into trouble before. Some guy I ran into at KLCC some time back claimed to know me. Me being the blur sotong trusted him. He turned out to be a desperate Amway2U recruiter who actually put on quite a convincing performance. He still calls from time to time.

I really got to assign more brain space for face recognition. These days my brain feels a tad lethargic. I reach for the calculator even for simple arithmetic. I need to set reminders on my phone. I write notes on the palms of my hand. I forget what I was about to do the moment I start to do it. I lock my car and walk away only to ask myself whether I have locked it. Oh well...

Comments

Vengelyne said…
I take it that you got back yr laptop? 2 entries in a day. w00t.

You know, yesterday I was at some IT event, and there was a dude who looked somewhat like you, but I wasn't sure if it was you. Lol. I mean can't blame me since I only see the top half of your face in your blog. =P

I'm ok with faces, but names... I am really bad with 'em... Chinese names especially. Eep.
Vengelyne said…
Oops... my bad... this was posted on Thursday, not Friday. So it's still 1 post, not 2. >.<

This is what happened when I don't check on blogs in just 1 day... Sowwee...
William said…
FYI, I'll be getting my laptop back on Monday. Untouched! Someone dilly-dallied for two weeks(!) and at the end of the day, decided they were not gonna fix it for RM120. Stupid!

Nah, it wasn't me. I'm sure the guy was as cute as me. :P. I'll publish my pic once I get hair as long and lustruous as yours. The eyes actually already tell a lot about a face.

Chinese names. Tell me about it. Usually abbreviate it to PC, CK. Easier. Or letak nama glamour saje.
Jaded Jeremy said…
You're on your way to greatness...like me wuahaha ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho