Cosmic Curve


060619-rainbow-fire_big
Originally uploaded by ruthvickd.
At The curve, some nice people from Sahaja Yoga were operating a booth where they offered to do a five minute meditation exercise for free. The purpose seems to be to free up our chakras and enable ourselves to be the conduit of cosmic energy and thus maintaining health and achieving peace. Some people were having laying of hands, aura cleansing kind of gestures. They were being 'tuned' to feel the energy emanating from themselves. We thought, "What the heck. We'll give it a try". They were really having a hard time explaining the concept to us, but we said we'll just go for the practical anyways. It started like this:

Practitioner: Put your right hand over your chest.
(We follow)
Practitioner: Look at Mother Mataji's photo. We affectionately refer to her as Mother. She's the founder.
Me: What?
Practitioner: Beseech Mother to grant you inner peace.
My mother and I: What?
(We bolted off)

I guess we weren't expecting that.

So, does your Kundalini require awakening?

PS: Sahaja Yoga was founded by Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi. She's a Nobel Peace Prize nominee.

Comments

Zemien said…
Why does Kundalini sound so dirty?

Anyway, as a Buddhist I respect other faiths, but I draw the line at relying on another mere mortal to grant me happiness. I don't feel comfortable when mere mortals declare themselves to be holy.

We have paedophilic priests and perverted fortune-tellers for that.
William said…
Everything sounds "dirty" and looks "erotic" to you. :P

There are many other examples of holy people who are worshipped as "living saints". I wouldn't want to comment on the "truth" of the matter, but let's just say it doesn't jive with my faith teachings. Belief is such a prickly subject.

I wouldn't wanna touch it with a 10-foot pole. Heh.
Vengelyne said…
Actually William, you give me the impression you're quite a "dirty" boy, too. =P

Anyways, I noticed you and your mom hang out at The Curve quite often, eh? Or was this the same time where you guys won 2 hair dryers?
William said…
I try to project a decent image, but at the same time constantly dropping hints of my "dirtyness". :P. Yeah, you caught me, it was the same outing. A long post would have bored everyone. Easier to swallow chunks.
Kl Shopaholique said…
agree with zemian

Beseech Mother to grant you inner peace.

ape cerita!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho