Bumbu of Life


IMG_1715
Originally uploaded by williamnyk.
Celebrated HP's birthday yesterday at Bumbu Bali, Bandar Puteri Puchong. Just the three of us. We were given the honour of celebrating with her on the actual date (with the exception of her colleagues) as her other gang of friends have weeekend do planned for her. The place has a nice ambience to it. Cosy, woody. Open-air concept. The food is mainly BBQ, with the choice of Bali and Western style. They use coconut husks for a more fragrant effect. I can vouch for that s the food sometimes contain the fibres (!). Sauces are not really required, as the grilled food by itself is full of taste, but sometimes a little on the salty side. So it's a good idea to pair it with rice or wash it down with something clear. We ordered the Nasi Campur Special and Seafood Platter. Enough for three. The mixed platter consisted of nasi uduk / nasi kuning, grilled dory (recommended), cuttlefish, chicken, prawns, satay lilit (fish paste over serai stick-- recommended), salad and a choice of drink. On the other hand, the Seafood Platter was pretty much the same, but just had a Western approach to it and came with fries. For drinks, we ordered avacado shake (more chocolate than avacado-- not the real McCoy) and Es Campur (Indonesian ABC with bits if dried coconut, jackfruit and plenty of coconut milk).

Avacado Shake And Es Teler
Overall, I felt that it doesn't have much variety. Everything is pretty much grilled. There is some pasta and chiabatta sandwiches, but it's not quite enough. But as a BBQ place, it's perfect. I was asked whether the place evoked my memories of staying in Jakarta, to which I answered no because I ate at far dingier places and at cheaper prices. The taste is bound to have been Malaysian-ised. FYI, HP was busy answering the phone and reading SMSs the whole night because she left her cellphone at home. We become more forgetful as we age, *wink wink*.
IMG_1723
PS: Bumbu means spice

Comments

Vengelyne said…
Muahaha... I took my parents to Bumbu Bali over the weekend. They kinda like it... next stop would be either Mongolian food, Xenri or this western restaurant near DBP...
William said…
What a coincidence. I don't think I'd visit it a second time. BBQ is not really my cup of tea.
Vengelyne said…
Lol... it's not that bad... It's heaty, I'd say... last weekend was my third time visitng that place.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho