Pay Day


ATM
Originally uploaded by williamnyk.
Pay day for me, is on the 25th, which so happens falls on a Sunday this month. Anway, with banks working 5 day-weeks now, payroll transactions aren't performed on weekends anymore. Either on Friday or the following Monday. I just accessed my accounts internet banking site. Looks like it's gonna be Monday. :(.

So leceh these days, can't do banking on weekends. Even 2 Saturdays a week is better than none. We can't do everything at self-service branches. Those machines are a blessing and a curse at the same time. For those who know how to use them, they are fast and efficient. But for those who don't, they get turned away at the counter after waiting in line. The machines don't give you attitude, but they can always be under maintenance. And ATMs always run out of money when you most need it. Perasan tak?

Talking of attitude, the other day when I went to the Tiger bank to stop payment on my cheque at the branch, the stupid customer service officer had the nerve to tell me that I had to prepare a letter. F*ck that. Ingat aku bodoh, that a transaction that can be done with a click of a button on their internet banking site requires a letter from me, when I come in person to the branch, no less. Idiotic. The either ignorant (most probably lazy) customer service officer didn't even offer any alternatives. I walked over to their internet banking kiosk myself (I had qualms about using those kiosks due to fear of key loggers, but no choice at the time). She then faked concern and came over to tell me that "Oh yeah, do through the internet la". Like I needed you to tell me. You know what? It was offline. I stormed outta the branch and stopped the cheque at the obliging friend's place via the internet. Just a simple thing.... arggh.

PS: In case you're wondering, the pic is of the bowels of an ATM machine. No $$$ to see though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho