Late Nights

Friday was kinda an eventful prelude to the long weekend (I took Monday off as a replacement for YDPA's Birthday, wohooo). Mum went off gallavanting to Cameron and I was left to my own devices.

Met up with SK, HP, and I met up with FK for a nice Teo Chew porridge dinner at Peng Hwa @ Old Klang Road. Had FK order the dishes. She was liek a drill sergeant. A nice spread of stewed pork intestines (with a borderline high cholesterol level, I didn't touch those. Anyways, HP couldn't bear looking at them and squirmed when FK put one in her mouth), stewed mui choi, braised peanuts, baby pak choy, ikan masak, stir-fried aubergines, stewed tofu and eggs. Too bad, no photos. FK was kinda worked up that night, much steam to let off about work. We politely obliged.

After dinner, I went off to meet another bunch of friends from uni. KK was bugging me to get yum cha session going and I managed to set one up that was up to his "standards" ("at least 4 participants, and no old faces please". Celaka.). I had YK send me and KK over to SS2 to meet up with Cla. (At the rate I'm using pseudnonyms here, its starting to look like a agony aunt article). Wanted to eat at Murni's, but after seeing the crowd... geleng kepala. All the PJ Cina youths out of the woodwork. Finally ended up in Island Cafe at the other corner of SS2. #$%!#%$#@%. Had a nice long chat up till 2:30am. The choco chip ice blended was quite good. A strange trend at the cafe is that 80% of its patrons played cards. I was tempted to pull put a mahjong set. Even managed to come up with a preliminary plan for a Cherating trip this coming October (the glorious East coast food! I can't wait. I'll outline that in another post). Reached home at 3:00am. Just managed to wash my face and brush my teeth. Ciggie smoke on clothes, wax in hair, just plopped on the bed.

Comments

Jaded Jeremy said…
You know how to play mahjong??
William said…
My di tried to teach me.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho