KTV

Saturday marked the second KTV session of my life's history. I marked the first one at RedBox Ria, Sogo. Interestingly, it coincided with my official 3rd anniversary at my company. Yeah, It's my first job and I'm still there, and people wonder why I've not left. But that's for another post. Back to the present.

RedBox, Sungei Wang Paza had the honour of being my second. FK, SK, Soon, CK, MY and I flocked there by 11:00 am to enjoy the lunch special. Just pay for the lunch and you get to sing free for 3 hours. Standard RedBox premises, but the room reeked of stale ciggies and citrus deodarant. Blech. Our playlist was quite diverse, ranging from dangdut to Chinese oldies to the ubiquotous Chinese pop. Sad as it may seem, but the highlight of the whole session was the threesome, rousing rendition of Theresa Teng's "Don't Pick the Roadside Wild Flowers"! I had a blast introducing them to Inul Daratista's "Goyang Inul" and other classics like "Gantengnya Pacarku". Culture shock for most. I must say that most of the old English song's don't have any decent music videos. Annie Lennox's "No More I Love You's" was a shocker with a hooker as the main attraction. Since we're dwelling on the issue of cheapo karaoke MV's, I must say that the one I saw at Endah Parade the other day takes the cake. Sing along to a bikini-clad woman applying liberal amounts of sun tan lotion on her thighs and bosom.

redboxwc
Originally uploaded by williamnyk.

Another interesting thing about RedBox Sungei Wang that I must mention is that the urinal's feature an innovative design that I have not seen elsewehere.

A splash-proof feature. Makes you feel like your're taking a leak into an aquarium. Perhaps I'll post it to Alex's blog.

After our 3 hours were up, we adjourned to Coffee Bean for some chit-chat. FK's treat. I made a scene by spilling my mocha latte all over the table while trying to catch a fly with a PE cup. Luckily, the other customers quickly lost interest after Masked Rider came on stage to battle an evil tentacle-headed (read bad rasta hairdo) monster hell-bent on terrorizing gym bunnies. Gawd.

Later accompanied SK to get her orthotic sandals at Birkenstock. Bapak mahal. MYR349 for a pair of leather sandals!! But then, some people buy branded sneakers for jalan-jalan at that price too. So I guess the price is justified? As we were leaving, we saw Cleopatra lounging outside Starhill Gallery.
Complete with fan-wielding slaves. Some kind of publicity stunt. Couldn't get a clear shot.

Oh well, another fun-filled day.

Comments

joshua said…
Ooo karaoke... fun fun fun!!!

esp if you sing-a-wrong...
Anonymous said…
oohh...that's the toilet that u mentioned...looks weird ! Thought of another design that day... haha :P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho