Jusco Revisited

Started the day by doing chores. Ugh. Polished shoes. Washed the grimy kitchen windows. Cleaned the fan. Then it was off to a little outdoor fun.

Last Thursday I braved the crowds at Jaya Jusco Taman Equine, and whaddya know, I was back at it on Saturday. This time with SK who needed to do some grocery shopping. Since my mum didn't get to buy the as advertised cheap sale household items, I decided to let my auntie-ness shine. I grabbed the four cheapest items that I needed.
1) Naturel Omega Blend Cooking Oil - MYR15.99
2) HL Fresh Milk - MYR3.50
3) LTK Omega-3 Eggs - MYR2.89
4) Sau Tou Abalone Instant Oat Noodles - MYR9.99 (premium MSG)

I regretted buying the milk. I regretted trying banana flavour. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT get it in that flavour. Tastes damn artificial. Kinda like liquified cheap banana cake. Ugh. The highlight of the whole trip was an appearance by Jaya Jusco's celebrity ambassador...... Siti Nurhaliza!!!! Ho hum. All the Malay shoppers flocked to center court to film her with their camera phones. Some even came with handy cams. Couldn't get a clear view, had to settle watching her through some guys swivel LCD.

OldtownOur stay there ended with coffee at Oldtown Kopitiam. Tried their Xi Mut (pantyhose!) Milk Tea. Blech. Horrible. Prefer the one at Jalan Petaling branch. Reached home around four to watch a VCD I got from Speedy, Tung Zhe Sai Tuk. Fantastic comedy. I'll watch the Wong Kar Wai version later (Ashes of Time). I watched the art house version years ago at the cinema. It's the only movie I've been to where half the audience walked out, while the rest just boo-ed and laughed out loud at the arty-farty scenes. Still can't believe I bought two versions of the same story. I end the post with the psychadelic interior of Wong Kok Char Chan Teng. Groovy neon green prints. And they have the mosaic pillars I mentioned in my previous post!

Wong Kok

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho