Bratty Kids, Blockhead-ed Parents


IMG_1586
Originally uploaded by williamnyk.
7th Day of the 5th Lunar Month. Insects awaken. Bad Hair Day.
Note: Couldn't resist starting my post ala 'East Evil, West Poison' style. :P

Had the house to myself again this weekend with mum at camp somewhere in A'Famosa, Malacca. However, I hardly spent any time at home, mostly chilling at SK and HP's place and guess what, Jusco Taman Equine again.The only moments I had at home I spent watching DVDs that my mother would have found objectionable. I really should get a DVD-ROM for my PC. Or better yet, a decent PC. There's always something to say about Jusco. This time round, I found it really a family-oriented place. Chock-full of kid. Unruly kids. Unsupervised kids. Tearing all over the store. Like some brood of mutant insects from Starship Troopers. Running around, bumping into things, lying on the floor, shouting... Don't get me wrong, I love kids, but please keep a tight leash on them. Don't just look from afar and shake your head when your kid is trying to climb the luncheon meat display. This brings me to my story.

I was waiting in line for the ATM (the ATM's located beside the escalator). There was also a bench beside that escalator with two hyper-active kids jumping up and down on it. I ignored the little monsters. Not long after that, I noticed something from the corner of my eye, one of the little scoundrels was actually hanging off the escalator's hand rail and slowly being hoisted up to the first floor. I quickly tried to get to the budak celaka. Luckily the kid let go after ascending 2 metres or so and I barely caught the brat. He just sprang back to the bench to sit, and only after a while that the situation dawned on him, and he sobbed quietly. Turns out that the mother was lining up in front of me and she didn't even know what happened. She didn't care, she just dragged her two kids to the next store. Yikes.

Another example of this excellent parenting and child-care style can be found in my neighbourhood. I have a neighbour who loves to take his kids out for a stroll in the evenings. And you know what? He has a favourite spot. To be more specific-- a blind spot. He has a penchant to let his toddler ride his tricycle in the middle of the road, a road that happens to be a sharp turn. The father will be standing at the other end of the road and he would have to be Superman to be able to save his son in time if a vehicle came barreling down the road. I have needed to make a complete stop at least three times at that turning to wait for the idiotic father to dilly-dally and bring his son to the side of the road. Really an accident waiting to happen.

Do these people have common sense? Or they just choose to ignore it?

Comments

Anonymous said…
oohhh...never thought of you will start the blog with the "INSECT AWAKEN" style...pengz !! i still dont know how those people set it in the old days !

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho